More Information about the Personal Data we use, why and the Legal Basis that allows us to use it
Our Customers and Contacts:
- We collect basic contact details including your name, job title, employer’s name, work address, work email address and work telephone number to communicate with you, answer questions about our services and where required, provide support when using our services. If you purchase our goods or services, then we will also need to collect your bank details.
Under data protection law, we rely on the fulfillment of contract as the lawful basis for processing this personal information.
- We may process your opinions and feedback to deal with a compliment or complaint and to improve our products and services.
Under data protection law, this processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of managing and improving our business.
- We may need to process special categories of personal data which are more confidential such as information about your dietary requirements, a physical disability or impairment such as a hearing impediment to adapt our services to meet your specific requirements. E.g. If you require wheelchair access at a conference or training event.
We only process this sort of information where you provide your explicit consent or for legal purposes or it is in the substantial public interest to do so and based upon a relevant law such as the Equality Act 2010.
- Marketing: We will deliver marketing information to you about our services at through events, in our Newsletter called “Redacted” and in updates, via email, online and by direct mail (post).
- Our services are aimed at businesses rather than individuals. Where we process personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, with the exception of direct marketing to individuals where our lawful basis is “consent”, our lawful basis is “legitimate interests”.
- Our email and postal marketing messages are always accompanied with instructions on how to quickly and simply opt-out of receiving marketing messages in the future.
- We may send you marketing information about similar services provided by our affiliates, Excello Law and Amberhawk Training, by email, and post but only with your consent.
Our Service Providers, third party business contacts and business prospects:
- If we have a contract with you, we will collect and use name, job title, business name and address, business email address and business telephone number for your employees and representatives, to communicate with you and manage and maintain our relationship. If we need to resolve a problem or complaint about a service, you have provided to us then we will process personal data to help resolve the situation.
Under data protection law, we will process this personal data to facilitate the contract we have with you and/or where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests or those of our customers.
Visitors to our Website, www.mytenjin.com
- As with most websites, Tenjin’s website may automatically collect and store personal information about you when you visit it or browse, select and purchase training modules or other products and services. The information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, your Login credentials, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of Tenjin’s website. We may also collect and retain a history of the pages and products and services you looked at, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL). We use this information to help us design our site to better suit our users’ needs. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website, analyse trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences.
Under data protection law, the legal ground Tenjin relies on to process personal data from website visits is that such processing is necessary for its legitimate business interests. Tenjin has a legitimate interest in understanding how its customers and potential customers, use its website. This information helps us to provide more relevant products and services, helps ensure that our website runs smoothly and provides website visitors with an all-round better experience.